- Dish type
These vanilla slices are simply divine. Enjoy as a treat anytime of the day.
43 people made this
- 2 sheets puff pastry (thawed if frozen)
- 600ml double cream
- 100g instant vanilla dessert mix, such as Angel Delight
- 4 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons icing sugar, for dusting
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:25min
- Preheat oven to 220 C / Gas 7. Lightly grease two baking trays.
- Place 1 pastry sheet onto each tray and prick with a fork.
- Score one sheet into 4cm squares.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until pastry is puffed and golden brown.
- Press down slightly to flatten. Let cool.
- In a small bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together cream, dessert mix, 4 tablespoons icing sugar and vanilla extract for 3-4 mintues, until thick and creamy.
- Spread mixture onto plain sheet of pastry, top with scored pastry sheet. Dust with icing sugar.
- Serve cut into 8cm squares.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(3)
Reviews in English (3)
Just made these they are really nice. I had to order the vanilla desert mix online but it's worth it!-25 Nov 2014
have also made this vanilla slice but instead of puff pastry have used the lattice biscuits, just cover the bottom and top with them. so easy and delicious-07 Jan 2014(Review from this site AU | NZ)
I made recipe exactly as per recipe. It is fairly rich so I cut it into fairly small squares. Definitely a keeper!-17 May 2015(Review from this site AU | NZ)